The energy plan for the Municipality of Allerød will reduce the energy consumption in the local authority’s buildings by 30 %. The overall investment equates to an average payback time of under 10 years. Viegand Maagøe prepared an energy plan for the municipality.
Client: Municipality of Allerød
In 2011, the Municipality of Allerød decided make energy renovations to all its large buildings and established an energy management system that would allow it to follow-up the total consumption of a building on an ongoing basis as well as identify variations in consumption on a daily, weekly and annual basis.
How we carried out the task
The municipality decided to implement the project itself in partnership with consultants and installers.
We helped the Municipality of Allerød with:
- scrutinizing the basis of the project; for example, energy labels and consumption data;
- identifying the main activities in the energy plan;
- developing a total description of the activities in the energy plan;
- evaluating the framework for an energy management solution; for example, existing meters;
- preparing a description of the activities for the energy management system;
- preparing the material for two tenders and supervising the pre-qualification and tendering process; and advising the project owner about the planning and execution of the projects on an ongoing basis.
We expect the tender process will result in a large number of applications from prospective partners. This was the reason why the overall tender process was designed with a pre-qualification phase to ensure fewer, equally valid and competitive bids.
The detailed energy plan was worked out over the summer of 2012, with the most attractive energy renovation projects finally prioritized in the autumn.
For more information, contact:
Peter Maagøe Petersen, email@example.com and +45 21 70 03 08