Property Agency and the DEA requested Viegand Maagøe’s assistance to carry out an analysis of process energy consumption for university laboratories and hospitals. The result was a report showing that laboratories can save 15-20% and hospitals 8-10%.
Client: Property Agency and the Danish Energy Agency
Property Agency and the DEA wished for an overview of university laboratories and hospitals’ process energy and would like to have input into future energy saving efforts in this area.
How we solved the task
By collecting materials from similar projects, we created an overview of the process energy consumption for, respectively, laboratories and hospitals.
The project included:
- Research of existing materials and inventory data collected for the overall structure
- Completion of 2 surveys for, respectively, Vejle Hospital and university laboratory at the University of Copenhagen Science department
- Analysis of data sets, comprehension of data, and discovery of saving potentials
- Project management and preparation of analysis report
- Dissemination of the report’s findings at various meetings under the auspices of Property Agency and the DEA
And the result was
The result was a report showing that laboratories can save 15-20% and hospitals 8-10%. The report illustrates the process energy consumption by electricity and heat for the 2 building types, points out improvement potentials and recommend how to work with process energy in the future.
Peter Maagøe Petersen, email@example.com or 21 70 03 08