Viegand Maagøe has very successfully assisted the Municipality of Gladsaxe in convincing more companies to convert to district heating. The conversion has been successful because we have the expertise to assess the company’s overall potential for conserving energy.
Client: Gladsaxe District Heating
The Municipality of Gladsaxe is comprehensively expanding district heating in the coming years, including Gladsaxe’s main industrial areas. In cooperation with Gladsaxe District Heating, Viegand Maagøe has initiated conversion projects for many large business clients.
How we carried out the task
Viegand Maagøe’s involvement in the cooperation between Gladsaxe District Heating and the companies in Gladsaxe included:
- establishing contact with the companies and conducting meetings in the start-up phase;
- compiling relevant data on energy consumption and billing prices;
- evaluating the companies’ supply chain and distribution systems;
- identifying potential energy savings:
– in utility systems
– in distribution systems
– in ventilation systems for room heating;
- calculating reductions in operating costs following conversion and in internal projects;
- preparing a complete financial and technical decision making framework for companies;
- obtaining subsidies for companies by selling the energy savings;
- providing project owners with advice on conversion projects and in internal projects; and
- assisting companies during contract negotiations.
The good results for both Gladsaxe District Heating and the companies were achieved by a combination of a favourable price for the heating itself, subsidies for energy conservation and focusing on the potential energy savings by the companies. Most customers reduced their total heating costs by up to 20–40 %, with a payback time of less than 2 years.
For more information, contact:
Peter Maagøe Petersen, email@example.com and +45 21 70 03 08