Viegand Maagøe has been helping the Danish Energy Agency since 2009 to calculate the potential for businesses to use waste heat. Our research revealed that waste heat can cover up to 10 % of the energy used by businesses.
Client: The Danish Energy Agency
There have been many debates in the media about using waste heat produced by businesses, and it is often said that energy taxes hinder the exploitation of waste heat. With this in mind, the Danish Energy Agency hired us to manage the technical and financial analysis of the potential to utilize waste heat.
How we carried out the task
Assessing the potential for the Danish Energy Agency covered:
- capping the quantities of waste heat allocated by sectors and technologies;
- establishing standard solutions for using waste heat;
- establishing technical financial cases;
- profitability assessments for in-house versus external use of waste heat;
- setting up the overall evaluation of the potential for internal and external utilization;
- preparing fact files about energy taxes when using waste heat;
- preparing fact files with 5 cases; and
- planning a general information campaign about the use of waste heat.
Our research revealed that waste heat can cover up to 10 % of the energy used by businesses, and our assistance has laid the data framework for efforts to use waste heat in future. The project also resulted in several companies carrying out new projects in the field.
For more information, contact:
Peter Maagøe Petersen, firstname.lastname@example.org and +45 21 70 03 08